Texte traduit par Sylvie Durand-Valentin avec l’aimable collaboration de Mme Miriam Bastide.
This original house at number 8 stands out in the old rural district of Payet. It was built around 1925 by Henri Pollini, a builder of Italian origin, who had studied architecture in his native country. Initially three simple pillars held up the tower. They were clad with quick-setting cement and shaped into a statue of human form known in architecture as an “atlas” or a “telamon”.